Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy Holidays, My Dearly Beloved Sweet Nuts

**She said it will take them thirty minutes, so I wrote this instead. 





All this shopping, and crowding with tired well wishers, and falling in holiday lines that are unusually longer, and carrying tons of shopping bags that give your shoulders all kinds of hell, and spending cash that, in theory, look better in your savings account, and walking the length of the largest Third World Mall five times in one day and then earlier the next day and then the weekend following that, and getting in cheerless cabs after an hour or so of waiting in line, and wrapping gifts without a tape dispenser, and multiple trips around and about the Metro, and being with family you meet once a year always on the same date, and hiding, yes hiding, from god kids, and all this shaking of my head in accepting disbelief. All these chores of goodwill are wearing my tits out. But I am committed to them, just the same, out of the honest kindness of my heart.  

Having said all that, I am beyond relief that I am 15 minutes away from going home with my New Year's take out. I am having pizza, because all these celebrations left me too exhausted to cook or tell the truth. And then I am done, oh goodness mercy, I am so done. 

Like you, my Dearly Beloved Sweet Nuts, I am also looking forward to 2016. 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin